From the Recipe Files of our Corporate Chef, Neal Langermann
Neal created this BACON JAM recipe as an ingredient for his artistic HEIRLOOM TOMATO STACK
- 4 LBS BACON, CUT INTO ¼ INCH STRIPS
- ½ CUP BACON DRIPPINGS
- 2 CUPS JULIENNE YELLOW ONIONS
- ½ CUP BROWN SUGAR
- 1/4 CUP MINCED GARLIC
- 1 TEASPOON CAYENNE PEPPER
- ½ TEASPOON GROUND CINNAMON
- ½ TEASPOON GROUND NUTMEG
- 1 CUP BOURBON
- 1 CUP COFFEE
- ½ CUP SHERRY
- ½ CUP MAPLE SYRUP
- ¾ CUP KETCHUP
- 1. COOK AND STIR BACON OVER MEDIUM HEAT UNTIL BACON BEGINS TO BROWN.
- 2. DRAIN EXCESS GREASE LEAVING ¼ OF THE DRIPPINGS
- 3. ADD ONIONS AND COOK UNTIL SOFTENED.
- 4. ADD BROWN SUGAR, GARLIC, CAYENNE, CINNAMON, AND NUTMEG
- 5. COOK UNTIL GARLIC HAS SOFTENED
- 6. ADD BOURBON, COFFEE, SHERRY, AND MAPLE SYRUP
- 7. BRING TO A BOIL AND LOWER HEAT
- 8. COOK FOR TEN MINUTES AND ADD KETCHUP
- 9. COOK FIVE MINUTES MORE AND TRANSFER TO ROBOT COUPE
- 10. PULSE UNTIL SLIGHTLY CHUNKY
Hey isn’t that … Nick Cannon and Dick Gregory dining together at downtown Southern eatery Georgia Brown’s on Tuesday night?
The pairing seemed unlikely. Gregory, the 83-year-old comedian and activist, sported a baseball cap and a woolly beard, while the 35-year-old rapper and TV personality Cannon was impeccably dressed in a suit and tie. Nevertheless, the two chowed down on comfort food, accompanied by what appeared to be four members of security and staff, spies say.
By Sarah Polus, Washington Post
We are creating some fine Southern dining with Turkeys and Ham as well as Carolina Gumbo with Red Rice, She Crap Soup and some mighty fine desserts.
Invite your guests, Create Your Menu, Order Online and Enjoy the Holidays!