From the Recipe Files of our Corporate Chef, Neal Langermann
Neal created this BACON JAM recipe as an ingredient for his artistic HEIRLOOM TOMATO STACK
- 4 LBS BACON, CUT INTO ¼ INCH STRIPS
- ½ CUP BACON DRIPPINGS
- 2 CUPS JULIENNE YELLOW ONIONS
- ½ CUP BROWN SUGAR
- 1/4 CUP MINCED GARLIC
- 1 TEASPOON CAYENNE PEPPER
- ½ TEASPOON GROUND CINNAMON
- ½ TEASPOON GROUND NUTMEG
- 1 CUP BOURBON
- 1 CUP COFFEE
- ½ CUP SHERRY
- ½ CUP MAPLE SYRUP
- ¾ CUP KETCHUP
- 1. COOK AND STIR BACON OVER MEDIUM HEAT UNTIL BACON BEGINS TO BROWN.
- 2. DRAIN EXCESS GREASE LEAVING ¼ OF THE DRIPPINGS
- 3. ADD ONIONS AND COOK UNTIL SOFTENED.
- 4. ADD BROWN SUGAR, GARLIC, CAYENNE, CINNAMON, AND NUTMEG
- 5. COOK UNTIL GARLIC HAS SOFTENED
- 6. ADD BOURBON, COFFEE, SHERRY, AND MAPLE SYRUP
- 7. BRING TO A BOIL AND LOWER HEAT
- 8. COOK FOR TEN MINUTES AND ADD KETCHUP
- 9. COOK FIVE MINUTES MORE AND TRANSFER TO ROBOT COUPE
- 10. PULSE UNTIL SLIGHTLY CHUNKY
Hey isn’t that … Nick Cannon and Dick Gregory dining together at downtown Southern eatery Georgia Brown’s on Tuesday night?
The pairing seemed unlikely. Gregory, the 83-year-old comedian and activist, sported a baseball cap and a woolly beard, while the 35-year-old rapper and TV personality Cannon was impeccably dressed in a suit and tie. Nevertheless, the two chowed down on comfort food, accompanied by what appeared to be four members of security and staff, spies say.
By Sarah Polus, Washington Post